Tax Due Dates
Key filing season dates
There are several important dates taxpayers should keep in mind for this year’s filing season:
- January 13: IRS Free File opens. Taxpayers can begin filing returns through IRS Free File partners; tax returns will be transmitted to the IRS starting January 24. Tax software companies also accept tax filings in advance.
- January 17: Due date for tax year 2022 fourth quarter estimated tax payment.
- January 23: IRS begins 2023 tax season and starts accepting and processing individual 2022 tax returns.
- January 27: Earned Income Tax Credit Awareness Day to raise awareness of valuable tax credits available to many people – including the option to use prior-year income to qualify.
- April 18: National due date to file a 2022 tax return or request an extension and pay tax owed due to the Emancipation Day holiday in Washington, D.C.
- October 16: Due date to file for those requesting an extension on their 2022 tax returns.
Get a free consultation on our bookkeeping and tax services!